How Much Do You Know About Your Diamond Engagement Ring?
Facts you didn’t know about your engagement ring:
- The diamond in your engagement ring is between 1-3 billion years old (that’s older than the dinosaurs).
- They were born deep within the earth and transported via ancient underground volcanoes.
- So how did diamonds become the symbol of love? Romans believed that cupid’s arrows were tipped with diamonds and a vein in the 4th finger on the left hand runs directly to the heart.
- The first diamond engagement ring dates back to 1477 when Archduke Maximilian of Austria proposed to Mary of Burgundy.
- Only 30% of diamonds found are gem quality. Diamonds are becoming increasingly rare — there have been no discoveries in 30 years.
- …Making yours even more exceptional.